- 4 Beds
- 1 Baths
- 4 Car Spaces
- 4452 Square metres
Historic C1867 Police Station, Courtyard, Cells and Residence
The possibilities are endless for these magnificent, bluestone buildings that are laden with character. Comprising 9 main rooms plus the cells and old coach house, with some outstanding gardens, making it an ideal residence or potential B&B, gallery or cellar door.
The Historical Mt. Pleasant Police Station was established in 1867 under the reign of Queen Victoria.
This magnificent old bluestone cottage represents one of the best examples of early colonial architecture in South Australia and is on the tourist route of the famous Barossa Valley.
PROPERTY HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• The main building includes 4 bedrooms, formal lounge, library/dining, kitchen, bathroom, toilet and a laundry.
• Chandeliers in the formal lounge room are an elegant statement as you enter the residence
• Other features include high ceilings, thick walls and open fire places.
• Original prisoner's Stone Courtyard provides a secure area at the rear of the home
• Cell Block comprising one double and three single cells with architecturally vaulted ceilings.
• Outdoor toilet and wash basin.
• Old stone Coach House and Stable is situated in the rear corner of the allotment
• Private, rear/side securely fenced garden includes another toilet and a storage shed
• Beautiful landscaped gardens complement the residence.
• Single garage with roller door, power and concrete floor.
• High clearance carport with a concrete base.
• Mains and rain water and connection to the common effluent system
• Recently upgraded electric wiring throughout the residence and security lighting around property.
• 24V irrigation system.
This property is listed on the State Heritage Register and any development will naturally be subject to relevant government and council approvals.
Call NOW on 0488 972 888 for more information or to arrange a private inspection.
Disclaimer: We the agent, make no guarantee the information is without mere errors and further that the purchaser ought to make their own enquiries and seek professional advice regarding the purchase. We the agent, are not the source of the information and we expressly disclaim any belief in the truth or falsity of the information. However, much care is taken by the vendor and our company to reflect the details of this property in a true and correct manner. Please note: neither the vendor nor our company accept any responsibility or liability for any omissions and/or errors. We advise that if you are intending to purchase this property, that you make every necessary independent enquiry, inspection and property searches. This brochure and floorplan, if supplied, are to be used as a guide only.